Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sleep Catcher!


When we are young, with hands not yet scratched from life's thorns and memories not yet tainted from time's flaws, most of us dream of having the simplest icons of joy: getting a little toy as a present, going out with mommy for an ice cream or even being allowed to play in the garden with the neighbor's kids!

As we grow older, our dreams change, just as we do...

And now, as I lay in my bed, restless and sleepless, the irony of one specific dream strikes me: my dream of having a big beautiful dream catcher in my room, over my bed, to capture all those nasty and wicked dreams which always used to creep into my sleep!

Now, at almost 27, I wish for something bigger and more rare: a sleep catcher! I NEED TO SLEEP!

I mean in addition to my flu and its ramifications (the cough, headaches and fever), there are also the many aggravating thoughts that do not seize to stop or pause; the worries about what's to come, the concerns about how to deal...

And all I want to do now is just sleeeeeeep!

P.S: This might be my last post, at least for a long time. Therefore, you now have the time to go through the older posts since this will be my 518th published piece!

6 comments:

Mattheus said...

Get well soon, I hope you do continue to write, hopefully more cheerful pieces in the future ;)

They say if you smile when you're sad, you confuse your body to release 'happy' chemicals, and you might end up happier.

If you take a break from this blog for more than 2 months, I would like to wish you an early happy birthday and a happy new year :)

Till our paths cross again...
ο Θεός να σε ευλογεί

~Matt

Anonymous said...

oooooooh, I wish I can sleep

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read that article. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

"You're leaving these scars scattered round my heart
A road map of all the places you have been
but I can't escape, can't wash this away
when love has burned your mark so deep within

If I said I want you back I'd be a liar
There's nothing left of us to long for anymore
But inside the ashes burns an endless fire
And every night I can't help reaching out for more

And I can't sleep... You're so far away from me
And I can't sleep... And I can't sleep
And I can't sleep... You're so far away from me
And I can't sleep... And I can't sleep"

You know am not a writer, but this song is becoming my favorite now a days, it’s so hard to stop myself from calling you, it so hard for me not think about you, I wish you are doing fine, I wish you are smiling and not alone.

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

Anonymous said...

I can think of younger days when living for my life
Was everything a man could want to do
I could never see tomorrow, but I was never told about the sorrow

And how can you mend a broken heart?
How can you stop the sun from shining?
What makes the world go round?
How can you mend this broken man?
How can a loser ever win?????????????
Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again

I can still feel the breeze that rustles through the trees
And misty memories of days gone by
We could never see tomorrow, no one said a word about the sorrow

Please help me mend my broken heart and let me live again


I'll be in Beirut,Lebanon for the next four days.
Thank you for every thing

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009