Saturday, November 21, 2009

I Chose You to Be My Joy, You Chose to Be My Sorrow...



"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them" - Kahlil Gibran

Coming from such a great writer, these words must be true and I believe they are, up to a certain extent...

Sometimes, we choose our sorrows and they end up being joys and sometimes, it's simply the other way round:


I chose you to be my light, you chose to be the darkness that lurks within me,

I chose your love to be my freedom, you chose to be the chains that won't set me free!


I chose you to draw a smile on my face, you chose to be the pained frown,

I chose you to be my raft to safety, you chose to show me how to drown!


I chose for you to be the one I love, I chose to give you all the love I had,

You chose for me to rain tears with no mercy, you chose to treat me bad!


I chose for you to be a father to my children, a partner for life I chose,

You chose to be manipulative and take me, by the hand, to where the sadness grows!


I chose for you to be the center of my world, my one and only desire,

You chose to turn against me and be the fuel that lights my heart's fire!


I chose for you to be everything and everyone that mattered,

You chose to be careless and with my feelings be simply flattered!


I chose for you to be my sun, you chose to be the burn,

I chose to never give up, you chose to never learn!


I chose for you to stay, but all you wanted was to go,

I chose your happiness, while you crafted my sorrow!


And now, all I am left with are my choices, hanging heavily on my shoulders... Wondering: What more will you choose for me...

0 comments:

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009