Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Letter to Sleep...



Dear Sleep:

First of all, I would like to wish you happy holidays. I sure hope you are enjoying your vacation way more than I am so far!

I am writing you this letter to thank you and at the same time blame you for some intense emotions that I’m feeling at the moment. Please bear with me...

Allow me to begin by the negatives, which I utterly blame you for:

Where have you disappeared? I mean really, where did you go when I need you the most? Why have your visits become so scarce? Why do you choose to add to my pain by coming to me for a few, scattered hours at night while you go to others for 7,8,9,10 or even 11 or 12 hours? Why can’t you see how much I need you? Why are you being just as blind to my needs as anybody else? How come you don’t care?

Ok… Now that I’ve got this out of my system, kindly listen to me as I explain to you my appreciation for being the only bridge which mends the big gap his absence left in my life… I mean I see him in you… You are the only means for me to rest assured that he was a reality… I thank you for that…

Thank you for your time…

Please, please, visit me more often… I need you more than ever…

Love,

Beirut



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beirut habibti!
first, where do you get all these lovly pix. for your articles? i just love them :)
second of all , i really loved your article, very original!
i'm so sad that you're not having fun in the holidays, it's the best time in the year! why the sadness hun???
i wish that Mr. sleep will visit you more often too :P

Anonymous said...

nice idea in delivering ur thoughts and emotions!!
but maybe u need to visit Mr. Sleep more often, don't wait for him to come!! he'll eventually welcome u... that's what i'm doing!!
good luck beebs...
and try to take it easy and enjoy the rest of the holiday... u'll pray for one next month :)

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009