Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Analogy of the Fly!



Every single day, I developed a habit to take a few five minute breaks during work hours, head down to the garden outside, stand there in silence and observe nature, closely, deeply...

On each day, I see something within the many layers and levels of nature that makes me wonder how similar we are to the elements of nature; how we are not that different from the bee which roams the garden trying to find the perfect flower to suckle on, the tree which stands there proud although involuntarily, the flower which tries to tease its observer with its colors and gentleness and so on...

But today, the most distinguished element of nature, which was able to capture and even more so, grab my attention was a fly!

As I stood there staring at a window from outside, I noticed a fly eagerly bashing its tiny little head against the window, trying to get out! Below the fly, at the window sill, I was able to notice a couple of dead fellow flies and bees, who apparently tried to do the same thing yet sadly failed.

This observation would have been utterly useless if it weren't for the fact that behind the window the lost fly was so vigorously attacking, there was a very wide space and a bit further, there was a door which lead to the garden i.e, freedom!

Despite the fact that the fly, as well as other insects, are structured in a way that ensures their survival to a large extent, the fly stopped at the dead end, the window, and refused to think of any other alternatives that could in fact save its existence!

Finally, the question I'd like to ask here, based on this observation, is as follows: How "fly-like" can we be when placed in a pseudo corner of making a decision or taking a stand!

2 comments:

J. Crabb on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 said...

I've seen this off and all my life and never thought about this...like it!
Jim

BeeBee on Tuesday, September 01, 2009 said...

Hey Jim! I've missed your comments! Hope all is well!

I'm glad you like it! I just hope you never feel like "the fly" I mentioned! :)

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009