Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Taking Things for Granted...



You never know the value of what you have until you lose it…

We have all heard this expression being used over and over again… Many of us tried and felt what it means while others just think of it as a passing phrase that has no real meaning or simply do not think its argument “hold water”!…

Lately, I’ve discovered the real meaning of this sentence… Just after having lost all those things I love and care about, whether by choice or by default…

Sitting alone in front of the TV, thinking of what to do and where to go, I realized how much I was missing now that my best friend was on vacation though I mostly was unreachable and unavailable during the time this person was around!

Struggling to fix things around the house and do things just the way mom would, I realized how much I needed her around and how hard it is to be her and be in charge of everything with no helping hand around and no one there to hear her out, including me… Now that she is not here, I miss her presence and I feel how much her absence creates a void in my every day – though I didn’t spend much time with her…

That applies to so many other things I rather not discuss right now…

Just a passing thought that I hope would ignite your thinking…

1 comments:

zeezazoo on Tuesday, June 26, 2007 said...

well... i dunno what to say! i wish i was there! i hate to see u sad or upset!!
and i know that soon u'll get better, and we'll have so so much fun as usual!! we r the funniest ever when we meet :) no matter how sad or upset we are! we find things to laugh about!!
and to tell u the truth, i'm feeling the same here! you really never know the value of what you have until you lose it!!!
miss u so so so much my bestfriend... see u soon.. or i'll see u when i see u ;)

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009