Thursday, July 13, 2006

Li Beirut....


I woke up this morning clueless of what's going on in the world around me...
It was all so unreal, so brutally painful to hear and watch what's going on in the city that I proudly share the same name with...
It is so unfair what those ignorant yet powerful colonial states impose on us (the Arab world)...
Where are all those Arabs? Where are the people? Why are they silent? Why don't they lend a hand?
As an Arab, I strongly condemn the actions of those who numb their feelings, close their eyes and block their hearing about what's going on in the world around them...
I wish there was something I can do, I wish I had some kind of power to help, I hate just standing back and watching, with eyes loaded with tears....
Beirut, I feel your pain....

2 comments:

Baby Prophet said...

eyes flip back, looking upwards, seeking serenity. burning blood in the vains of weathered chess stones.. never moving outside the square. the restlessness in the soul, felt in the elbows as they wish to be enslaved in cement walls of imperial imprisonment.
words vanish as soon as they are formed. cities, cultures and lives stung on one side, heading to the bottom of the sea of blood, fwed by the rivers of babylonian colonialism. the television, a screen of glass i wish to hop through with everything i got, and fight to the last drop. we search for an answer, and call it the divine, i say lies, blood cooled, blinded, religion covering our eyes.

Anonymous said...

baby,plz dont cry,plz dont be sad,beirut will always be al Madine Yalle ma btirka3,chou ma sar,chou ma kenit al tad7iyet,,7atdal Beirut w Libnen w cha3bon hinne al mountisrin,,im sad cos your not hear with us and happy cos you are with your family,,we will see you soon,,so dont be scare,have a good day.

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009