Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Small Hint From the Past...


Before:

First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist....

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew....

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant....

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me!

"Rev. Martin J. Niemoller speaking on the Nazi era in Germany, 1945"


Today:

First they came for the Palestinians, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Palestinian....

Then they came for Hezbollah, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't from Hezbollah....

Then they came for the Lebanese, and the Arabs didn't speak up because they are not Lebanese....

Then they will come for you, Arabs, and by that time there will no one be left to speak up for you!

"Saïd Merheb"

7 comments:

Dr. Tantawy on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 said...

samedon !!
nice posts beebee .. Go On .
allah m3 lebnan w m3kom kelkon

Eve on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 said...

that's so true. akh akh.. thanks sweety for checking up on me. hopefully bayrout rah tirja3 w tirja3 el iyam..

lifeflaw on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 said...

Great post!

I got the first half as a comment on my "The Three Bulls" post.

Nouran on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 said...

great post and it very honest
ya rab samedoon ya rab

zeezazoo on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 said...

that's what i'm talking about, the israelians and the americans are taking the arabs one by one, all the arabs think that they r smart by taking the neutral side.. but that's wrong, it is coming to them one day... i think it is time for arabs to become one and fight back, it's the best chance to prove ourselves..
samedoon w mentaseron inshalla...

Anonymous said...

San Narji3o Yawman Ila 7ayyina!!!

Hunalika 3indal tilalo Tilalan!!!

God Bless Our Heros of the Lebanese Resistance:

Hizullah, Amal & the Communist Party...

Dignity is not given, it is Taken...

Wissam

AM on Friday, July 28, 2006 said...

Ha! Good one! Touche! ;)

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009