Sunday, July 29, 2007

So You Think You Know Me???


Someone recently told me that my writings are too "self-centered" and they only revolve around my concerns and my worries and daily troubles. Through the feedback I usually get from my more frequent readers, I feel that this is an understatement of my writing yet I feel the urge to ask do you feel the same as that someone?

This leads me to today's topic which is, in my opinion, a general concern to many people as well as me of course: Misjudging others. Lately I have been in this circle of constantly and continuously trying to prove to many people that I am a lot more than they perceive me to be; I am more than a confused soul that goes around saying and doing things that I myself can not seem to give logical reasoning for!
First and foremost, I am a person with feelings, which tends to slip many people's minds when talking about my personality, my looks, the way I think, my writings etc.

Second of all, I am an independent entity who has the right to make decisions, even wrong and "stupid" ones. I have the right to chose where to go and when, what to think and why, whom to like and whom to keep my distance from.

Third of all, I am me: a whole full package which can not and will not be divided and/or broken down into pieces to fit people's likes and preferences.

Finally, my faults are my differences from others and I demand respect for them. My insecurities make me the strong person I see myself to be. My confusion always urges me to search for more and seek more from life. My moodiness shapes me into a bundle of smiles, tears and maybe even bursts of anger which channel into a calmer and more serene me with time. My sensitivity brings me closer to earth instead of having my head up in the clouds watching people with no care or empathy. It is the most relevant reason for my writings and for my passion for life and for others who give enough attention and care to be in it.

So why go on and misjudge me just because you THINK you know me? Come here, get a little bit closer and you'll see me for who I am: What you see is what you get and I have nothing to hide.

I know now how easy it is to put "tags" on people and call them different names just by looking at them from a distance. I know now how harsh and even inhuman that can be. So please, throughout your daily lives I urge you to try to always look deeper than the fake accents, the make up, the insignificant talk and dig in to really know who that "other" is, he/she might end up being one of the closest people you might meet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe this quote is Irrelevant and maybe it's not, but i jst wanted to share it with you,cause it is a remarkable quote “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

BeeBee on Friday, August 17, 2007 said...

I have used this quote before... I love it...

Anonymous said...

someone described you as a "drama queen" once... I don't know you well enough to judge, but on some other post of yours, you put all people into 3 categories.... pretty limited... ohh and one more thing... you can't tolerate somebody else's different opinion!

Anyway, I saw your name on the news, pretty sure it was you and that there was an explosion in your apartment in Mak7oul.... hope you're ok and that whatever happened was just an accident and that you're fine.

Wissam

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009