Saturday, May 27, 2006

Beautiful People


What is, by the dictionary definition, the meaning of ugliness vs. beautiful?

Ugly: displeasing to the eye, repulsive or offensive.

SYNONYMS: hideous, ill-favored, unsightly.

Beautiful: having qualities that delight the senses, especially the sense of sight,
excellent, wonderful, physically attractive.

SYNONYMS: lovely, pretty, handsome, comely, fair. All these adjectives apply to what excites aesthetic admiration.

So, how do we differentiate ugly people from those who are beautiful?

1. Looks: and trust me, looks can be deceiving! Plus, looks do never last!
2. Personality: the best judge!

In my short and humble life, I've met so many people. Some I met at work, others at university and others just in the daily life activities such as walking down the street, shopping, dinning, etc...

I always wondered: what makes them all different? what gives each of them a unique identity? what factors decide how beautiful or ugly they are?

My conclusion was this: sweet words to do not make you beautiful... Smart comments do not either. It's just how you see other people, how you feel towards them, sympathize with their troubles and feel joy for their happiness, is what defines your beauty...

The most beautiful people in my life were those who were the most humble, the most sincere and the most true...

I am greatful to have been lucky enough to have all those beautiful people pass by in my life...

4 comments:

isaacman said...

It is a good thing to be rich and a good thing to be strong, but it is a better thing to be loved by many friends.
"Euripides"

BeeBee on Saturday, May 27, 2006 said...

I am not trying to be philosophical or anything... It is just an attempt to put down my daily experiences with people in writing..

Anonymous said...

Exterior beauty can be fatal for all humans... this is part of their nature to be attracted to beauty as the dic defines it. Its easy to charm anyone but its almost impossible to be noble simply coz u wanted to be noble and humble. Everyone is born with inner beauty but his/her path in life is what shapes this person. Thats why u r one of the most beautiful persons I ever knew coz u have both

BeeBee on Saturday, May 27, 2006 said...

To anonymous: Whoever you may be, I am greatful for this comment... Maybe next time you can leave a name so I can match the name with the soul? :)

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009