Tuesday, December 05, 2006

An Insight into Hope...


Inspired by my favorite author, Paulo Coelho....

What is the real meaning of the word "hope"? I have asked myself that question over and over gain... Especially on those long nights that I have spent on my bed, just thinking, waiting for the light of day to come through my window...

As the dictionary states:

Hope is:

Definition: longing; dreaming. It is wishing for something with expectation of its fulfillment.

As for its antonyms. They are despair, disbelief, discouragement, hopelessness, pessimism

To hope with little reason or justification is hoping against hope yet, it is still hope!!!

Therefore, hope is a word that often wakes up with us each morning, it gets badly injured and wounded as the day progresses, it dies at nightfall yet it is reborn with the dawn of every new day...

Think about that....


2 comments:

zeezazoo on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 said...

well, hope is a beautiful thing... and it's very important for us to live... some people consider hope as a weakness point in people's lives... but i think it's something beautiful.. and it gives strength...
and btw, ur smile as i always tell u, gives me hope... so i love to see everymorning to start my day with hope...

Anonymous said...

hello!
I also love the work of Paulo Coelho!!!! Do you know that he has a newsletter?
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html You can also go to his blog and comment with other readers your impressions... http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
it's simply wonderful!
best wishes!
Aart
http://aarthilal.blogspot.com/

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009