Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm Letting You Go...


There were many times when my mind was filled with only thoughts of you… When my heart was overwhelmed with emotions that were only meant to be yours…

In the darkness I'd close my eyes and whisper my goodnight, my dreams and wishes to you. Whatever I was going through, it was you I searched for. You I wanted to share my day with… You and only you…

Before each break of dawn, I'd wake up suddenly, the chill disturbing my dreams; it was you that first came to mind. It was you that penetrated even my dreams. The touch I pictured upon my cheek - the soft, gentle hands on my face. That touch was yours. "My someone" was what I called it. I never gave it a name, it was an idea. I lied. It was always you. You were my someone. You were the only one…

When the pain in my chest was so achingly sore and my cheeks burned from all the tears I'd cried, it was you who brought that pain. When he held me in his arms it was you I imagined him to be. I gathered my strength and continued through life, but it was you I did it for. It was you I breathed for. It was you that made me want to become someone better, someone new…

It was you I always wrote to and about. Sometimes I never realized it, but it was always you. You were always there, on the other side, always in the back of my mind…

But I'm letting you go now; I don't need you there anymore. I don't think you ever needed me at all…
I can stand on my own now and say goodnight to myself. I can write to myself and smile to myself and be sad to myself. I'm letting you go because that's what you taught me to do. It's still you, and will always be you, somewhere deep down there, even when I envision someone else's touch upon my cheek.

I'm letting you go...

1 comments:

Kamal on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 said...

is it possible to let someone go who you've never held in your arms?

if you're letting go of who that person is or means to you, are you letting go of the person him/herself?

what if you are letting go when you only want to hold on?

...

what if you let go of someone only to open you're eyes and see him/her floating right beside you?

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009