Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blessed & Cursed... The White Flower Will Always Be!



Photo taken by: Beirut Abu Hdaib

A few days ago, I woke up feeling blessed to be who I am and all I wanted to do at that point was write down a list of all the things I have that I I am thankful for, one by way. I wanted to explain why and how each of those things empower me and make me want to be a better, stronger and happier person able to defeat any obstacle that can jump in my way and try to scare me off my feet...

But then life happened, and I had no time to count my blessings!

All those things I wanted to mention that day, and in the midst of the silent anger and fear of what may come, transformed into curses that I can't ignore or forget and I can't even try to feel good about!

Take a white beautiful flower for example: Look at it, notice how its leaves delicately curve into a perfect shape, feel its texture with your eyes, how soft it is. This flower loves the sun and I'm sure it enjoys a tickling breeze touching it gently and igniting its senses... Yeah, I think even the flower feels a warm gentle touch and appreciates it as well...

Now, with all the beauty bestowed in this flower, it remains, as it has always been, just a flower, a fragile and helpless flower, one which is also cursed by its charm! When the selfish hand reaches out to it and takes it away from its surrounding, far from its family and friends, the flower becomes a mere piece of decoration and its life becomes so short and limited to the amount of water it is given to quench its thirst, that is if it was lucky enough!

The flower's blessing of beauty is, at the same time, a curse...

My beauty is not the blessing, my loving, caring and forgiving soul is...

I am a fragile flower in a world filled with selfish hands...

And I am exhausted!

(Note: This not was written on the 8th of April 2009 but was not published here before)

0 comments:

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009