Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dedicated To A Family...



This piece of writing carries great feelings of gratitude, appreciation and admiration for a family… A family which I feel is my own…

Take a long breath and read… You will probably feel the same at the end…

Today is October the 1st, 2007.

I am not back home in Amman…. I am not back home in Beirut (where my house was burnt down)… But I am somewhere I feel safe and I feel I belong in…

On September, 2007, a month ago, the world's population was measured and was found to be an approximate of 6.7 billion – and counting of course. Why do I mention this? Because I want you to think for a moment, out of those 6.7 billion, how many have you actually met? How many have you ever seen? Whether on the street, at a concert, in a restaurant, on the beach, while watching the news, etc… What is the percentage of people you have actually encountered and held a conversation with relative to those you do not even recognize their existence?

This brings me back to the golden question: what is the probability that you meet 5 people, a family, who is able to have such a great influence on your life out of all those billions and billions of human beings around the world?

Is it good luck? I highly doubt it, since my luck has been playing cruel games with me lately… It is destiny… Destiny which now I have so much faith in…

I might have done something right along the way to get this in return…


Think with me for a second…

Many of us do things because we simply have to: for example, we eat because we need the energy from food, we work because we need money to live a decent life, we go to class because we need to pass and get our certificates, and we act respectful around those we might hate because we respect ourselves, etc.

Now tell me: how many people do you know give without expecting anything in return?

Words could be my only valuable possession which I can give now… And I give them to this family…

To…

The Mother: Whose sincerity fills my soul with peace…The Cousin: Whose words have made me see life so differently…The Little Princess: Who gave up her sanctuary to make me feel at home…The Chef: Who makes the best omelets and Kraft sandwiches I have ever had!The Director: Who is slowly directing a newer, happier play scene of my life…

I am grateful to have met you…..


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one is amazing bibi

 

The Undeniable Existence of The Soul Blak Magik is Designed by productive dreams for smashing magazine Bloggerized by Ipiet © 2009